Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Peacocks is going to Mangum



So one day last week, I drove up to Mangum to check out a new little shop on the square. I had met the owner of "Pat's Candies and Gifts" at the Frederick show. She liked my soap and thought it might be a nice addition to her store's inventory. She also suggested that I share her floor space during the Rattlesnake weekend since I was not planning on joining the crowd of street vendors who vie for space in the hot Oklahoma sun and wind.

I was impressed with Pat's place. It was so very, very clean and bright. She makes all her own candy and pastry, eclairs, muffins, cookies, and sometimes does breads, or whatever else that strikes her fancy. There are other items on her shelves, and I am going to leave soap there after the big weekend on a consignment basis. Mangum is an artsy little community, so time will tell whether they embrace goat milk specialty soaps. Of course, I hope they can't live without it.

I've been making lots of new scents for the Mangum todo (notice I hesitate in typing the rattlesnake moniker; it's not my favorite venue). But I am going to give it a whirl this year--who knows, it might be very successful for soap sales. I intend to set up on Friday and Saturday only, April 28 and 29 inside Pat's. So if you are in the area, look for me. I'll be the one busy NOT looking at the snakes.


Some of the scents I will be featuring at Pat's and Mainstreet Mercantile in Altus are: Mango Papaya, Lilac in Bloom, Beach, Lemongrass Verbena, Dark Amber Musk, Sexy Little Things, Gardenia Mint, Twilight Woods, Warm Patchouli, Goat Milk, Oatmeal and Honey, Gardenia Mint, and Whispering Mist.


No comments:

Post a Comment