Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sometime you get what you wish for...

Things have been busy here at the farm lately. The baby goats are mostly here, and that can be compared to a one-armed paper hanger with a contract to redo Graceland. And squeezed in with birthing goats, and feeding goats, and marking baby goats, and milking goats, I needed to restock the soap stores. I sold a ton of product at the Frederick Oyster Festival in February. I mean a lot! and it takes 30 days to cure the new batches, and half the time I had a kettle of soap going while I kept a cold and weak kid warming under foot. You get the picture, right?

Well anyway, you can see why I was wishing for a little time to update the blog and lay around doing absolutely nothing. Trouble with that plan was not specifying the terms of said Rest and Relaxation. I did not consider food poisoning as a viable means to an end. But what is that old saying, Life happens when you are busy making other plans? I was busy making plans to work all day at the Town Hall on Friday (it was the 1st and that is one busy day). And I was going to a party on Saturday to taste chocolate. Yep, chocolate tasting. I had to miss a bunch of cool ladies in a room full of chocolate arranged in all sorts of conglomerations, and I can now only fantasize about the spoons, marshmallows, and strawberries we would have used as scoops. Can you feel my pain? Literally, I hope not, because the two days I spent laying around incapable of making plans were not pretty.

A quick note: I am not sick often. I don't know how to play that game. And another thing, I feel incredibly guilty when I am ill. Things I should be taking care of are having to be done by someone else. That does not make me happy. I say again, that does NOT make me happy. Nuff said. Pity party over.

So to catch up because I have been sorely lacking in updates lately: I have wonderful new batches of soap mostly ready. Lemongrass Verbena, Beach(made with Dead Sea Salt), Gardenia Mint, Mango Papaya, Sexy Little Things and Whispering Mist(Victoria Secrets scents), Oatmeal and Honey, Dark Amber Musk, Lilacs in Bloom, Warm Patchouli, and Twilight Woods. I am making plans to go to the Mangum Rattlesnake thing this month, maybe. That requires some working up to in my opinion. Anything with snake in the name, one has to think about twice.

We have a set of new baby chickens that need to be taken care of. We ordered 42, and I chose the "Easter Egg Chicken" that lays green and blue eggs. Can't wait to see my first of those--six months from now.

The peacocks ate all the begonias I planted recently. They left the Verbena, but ate the Basil, they also left the Rosemary alone. I will replant Verbena where the begonias were because I love the peacocks more than the flowers. If I have to, I will buy basil.






We need rain. Dear Lord, I ask that You send us some rain. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment