Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome Fall

First full moon of fall...the Harvest Moon over our little part of Oklahoma.












I grew this:
It comes
back every
year all
by itself,
bigger and
more
beautiful.
Hello
darling.







I Love Fall...everything about it, totally, emotionally, physically. I want to collect the days in a jar in my kitchen, taste each one slowly, handle them like fine wine. I want to wear the day's colors in my hair, put them on like my favorite jeans. I want the cool, crisp mornings to make piles on my front porch...

Fall rides in on a chestnut horse every year, my champion, to save me from the tower of August exhaustion. Fall is splendid with the promise of rest from gardens and grass and flowers, which I am truly grateful for, but tired of right now. Fall brings pumpkins and family and respite. Fall brings my kind of poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment